Company Privacy Notice
Privacy Notice – Visitors to Areas Where Parking Controls are Enforced
We are MET Parking Services Limited (5468096) a car park management company. If you would prefer to listen to this this Privacy Notice please call 0207 118 3080
Our Registered Office Address: Cannon Place, 78 Cannon Street London EC4N 6AF Registered in England
Contact our Data Protection Officer by email: email@example.com if you have any concerns regarding our handling of your data or you require clarification of any the contents of this notice.
This notice explains how we will use any personal data (i.e. information about you and your vehicle) we collect from you or that you provide to us, and information provided to us by third parties in order to provide you with parking services under our parking contract with you. This notice should be read together with our terms and conditions of parking which can be found on our car park signage.
What data is processed?
Entry into and remaining in the area where parking controls are enforced by MET Parking Services Limited may result in your personal data being obtained, retained and processed. We may capture your information and your activity in the parking area via Automatic Number Plate recognition (ANPR) and CCTV cameras and/or parking attendants and/or via payment terminals and associated payment services providers. The data processed may include the vehicle registration mark, images of the vehicle, its occupants and timing and movements of the vehicle and its occupants. We may also capture images of pedestrians on the premises when images of the vehicles and their occupants are being recorded.
What is the purpose of processing personal data?
We obtain, use and where necessary share personal data in a proportionate way and in accordance with data protection law in order to: provide effective car park management, to improve the parking experience for users, to ensure compliance with the parking contract and pursue the driver/or any other party who may become liable for any charges, and assist with the prevention and detection of crime.
What is the lawful basis for processing personal data?
Our lawful bases for processing data are:
- Contract – The processing is necessary for the parking contract that has been entered into when vehicles enter and remain in the car park
- Legitimate Interests – Processing is required to protect and enable pursuit of legitimate interests in ensuring the car park is effectively managed, pursuing unpaid parking tariffs and charges due and promoting the safety and security of the car park
Who do we share personal data with?
We will only share data in a way that is proportionate to the purposes explained above and ensure that your data is processed securely. We only share data about you and your vehicle with the classes of organisations listed below:
- Where there is a parking charge that is payable we may request personal details of the registered keeper of the vehicle from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA). We may provide the DVLA with data capture by our cameras or our parking attendants.
- Where you are not the registered keeper of a vehicle that caused a Parking Charge Notice (PCN) to be issued, we may request and share details from other third parties (for example a vehicle lease or hire company, or individuals where applicable) who may possess information that may resolve any dispute.
- Where necessary in relation to a PCN we may share information about the registered keeper (name, address, registration number, details of the parking contravention including movements with in the parking area) with:
- Agents acting on our behalf such as legal advisors and those who collect sums due such as debt recovery agents or bailiffs to pursue any outstanding debt.
- Our Accredited Trade Associations (the British Parking Association (BPA) and the International Parking Community (IPC) in relation to dealing with PCN queries and appeals
- If you decide to challenge the parking charge and we reject your challenge then we may provide personal data including the vehicle registration mark, the parking charge number, time and date of the parking incident; along with further supporting evidence to an independent appeals service the Parking on Private Land Appeals service (POPLA) or the Independent Appeals Service (IAS) if you chose to appeal the decision.
- Landowners managing agents and tenants of land within which we manage car parks
- Authorised subcontractors such as mail; IT; business process and payment service providers, credit reference agencies and collection agents.
- Where necessary for preventing or detecting crime, we may be requested to or share information about you or your vehicle and its movements such as CCTV or ANPR footage with Police and Security organisations
- We may share information about the use of car parks we manage with companies providing marketing and analysis Services. We will not share with them any data from which you or any other individual can be identified
How long will we keep your personal data?
We will store your information for no longer than necessary to support the purposes explained above. Where your data is obtained it will be retained for up to 6 years however, in some circumstances, your data may be held for longer than 6 years as below:
- When there is an ongoing dispute which requires us to hold the data longer than normal;
- Where a court order has been made allowing us to pursue outstanding money after expiration of 6 years;
Security of your personal data
We will keep all your information including DVLA keeper details, information provided to us by third parties, your written and electronic correspondence and telephone messages and recordings securely and confidentially.
We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information we will apply our security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Your data Rights
In relation to personal information that we may hold, you have the following rights to:
- Be informed how we process your data – as explained above
- Understand and have access to the information we hold about you
- Object to your personal details being processed
- Have incorrect information about you rectified
- Request us to delete (erase) the information we hold about you
- Restrict how we process your data
- If you entered into a contract with us and would like a copy of the data we hold about you in a format that can be easily transferred to another provider
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at MET Parking Services Limited, PO Box 64168, London, WC1A 9BE (ensuring you provide proof of identification) if you wish to assert any of your rights. Under data protection law we must verify your identity before carrying out a request or supplying any information and we must provide you with an explanation if we do not agree with your request. Once we have confirmed your identity we will respond to your request within one calendar month.
You also have the right to complain to us via our contact details above and to the data regulator; the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) via www.ICO.org.uk
This notice was last updated on 18th May 2018 and explains how we comply with data protection law and we, MET Parking Services Limited, are the Data Controller.
Pay Your Parking Charge Easily and Quickly
If you have a parking charge you need to pay, simply click on the button below and follow a few simple steps to pay off your charge in full.